We have successfully upgraded to Moodle 3.6.4. You can view the full list of features at MoodleDocs. I have highlighted some of the most noticeable changes below.
- Changes to the Dashboard
- The Course Overview block now has greater flexibility and should allow students and instructors to more easily sort, hide, and highlight the classes that they want to access.
- The Dashboard also has blocks to see the tools and courses you’re most frequently using.
- Messaging – Users at Kalamazoo College don’t utilize the Moodle messaging system extensively (but it’s there!). If you’d like to try it out, the interface has improved. Also, instructors can enable Group messaging in your enrollment settings to more easily communicate between classroom groups that don’t exist anywhere else.
- Audio support – The text toolbar includes an audio recording button (included in options for Assignment Feedback as well). This feature is enabled on a trial basis and we will be monitoring its popularity for data storage limitations.
- We've updated CSS to ensure that hyperlinks appear with underlining designation more consistently across Moodle for accessibility.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to let me know!
Educational Technology Specialist